If you are a student at UW-Whitewater, we offer an amazing program that will help pay for up to $6,000 per year of your schooling. Working with the Kachel Family Foundation, the Rescue Squad offers two scholarship opportunities: a full scholarship and a partial scholarship.
|Full Scholarship||Partial Scholarship|
|$2,500.00 per term||$500.00 per term|
|100 hours per month||80 hours per month|
|25-30 hours per week between 6a and 6p, M-F||20-25 hours Per week|
|Must be at station during scholarship hours|
|EMT does not receive the first 100 hours of “On-Call” pay for the month||EMT does not receive the first 80 hours of “On-Call” pay for the month|
|Perform daily rig check|
|Available Fall and Spring Terms||Available during Fall, Winter, Spring and Summer Terms|
In addition to the above requirements, the following requirements apply to both the full and partial scholarship.
- Must be a fully accredited EMT-B (or higher) licensed to practice in the State of Wisconsin
- Must be an active member in “Good Standing” on the Whitewater Rescue Squad
- Must be able to respond to calls and transport patients as need when signed-up
- Must be registered as a part-time or full-time student at UW-Whitewater
- Must comply with the DLK EMT Student Scholarship Program Code of Conduct
If you are interested in the scholarship program, questions can be directed to the EMS Chief, EMS Scholarship Lieutenant, or one of the mentors.